busker, noun busk·er \ˈbəs-kər\
: a person who entertains in a public place for donations
The Asheville Buskers Collective intends to:
- Advocate for buskers and their interests in Asheville.
- Act as a liaison for the busking community with the City of Asheville, business owners, and other relevant parties.
- Assist in the process of self-regulation in the busking community by mediating conflicts and by being a point of contact for parties within the City who have issues with buskers.
- Protect Asheville’s viability as a receptive space for public art through advocacy, collaboration with other entities and communities, and political action.
- Uphold an etiquette that is conducive to maintaining a vibrant and fair busking scene.
- Make opportunities, resources, and connections outside the busking world available to buskers.
- Provide practical opportunities for buskers to give back to their communities and other marginalized groups within Asheville.